refund for foreclosed houses

Has anyone heard of this news that people who lost their houses to foreclosure in 2008 or later can get $2000 refund from their previous lender?

Posted by Bob
from CA

9 Answers

Hi Everyone, Here is a great blog post on that subject. http://www.foreclosuretruth.com/blog/sean/which-line-is-for-the-2000-payment/ It is more complicated than just filing for your piece of the settlement. I am sure that does not surprise anyone.

Answered by Michelle

Yes, I agree my submitted content is subject to Terms of User Agreement and Privacy Policy
Your post has been flagged for moderation.
I was caught in the middle with a refinance agreement just about to take effect from Countrywide, when Bank of America bought them out & changed all the terms. Lost the house with Bank of America 2010. They are a brutal & thieving giant!

Answered by Kim

Yes, I agree my submitted content is subject to Terms of User Agreement and Privacy Policy
Sorry you lost your home, I agree with your comments, post on here again in 4 months, I am working on something and if it goes well I will let you know as it may help you get compensation

Answered by tc

yes I was wondering about this as well as I think I was just let go by my bank to lose my home in 2011.

Answered by peng yang

I was with countrywide and later with b of a. My husband died in August of 2007, I asked b of a to help me modified my loan, they wouldn't. I tried to sell my home for about two years, b of a would not let me sell my home they wanted more money for the house. I was asking for 850,000 to 900,000, they wanted 950,000. After about two years of them playing games with me, they house was foreclosed and resold for 730,000.

Darlene A. Jernigan

PO box 78625

Corona, Ca. 92877

Jamesdara @sbcglobal.net

Jamesj

Answered by Darlene A. jernigan
from CA

Hi Bob, I have looked through all of the "cheat sheets" on the settlement information and have yet to find anything on this $2000 refund. I am still digging. You can certainly find a lot of information on the nice lady in Florida who got an 18 million dollar chunk of the settlement.

Answered by Michelle

I would be interested to get my forclosure refund of 2000 .

Answered by Sandy lewis

I would be interested to get my forclosure refund of 2000 .

Answered by Sandy lewis

HI Sandy, We have not heard of anyone receiving the $2000 settlement yet. It is likely to take months if not years to process. Michelle
I got caught in the same thing - was with Countrywide, ended up foreclosed by BoA in 2011. And I can't seem to find ANYTHING about how to file for this $2,000 rebate/refund/assistance... whatever they're calling it.

Answered by Debbie

Your Answer

Share this Post!

Start Your Free Trial Today!

Website by Espionaut and SW Programming

Share this Post!